You can spend your entire life trying to be perfect OR you can spend everyday being productive for a better tomorrow. Never a day lost and many days to be proud of the small changes you are making. – TriMarni Blog
I found the above quote too inspiring not to re-post. Every training session is another drop in the bucket towards your fitness goals, every day is a new day!
As for this week, since I have vacation coming soon, I wanted to hit this week sort of hard, so next week could be a little more R&R geared:
- Monday – Pilates (lunch) + 2100m swim team (PM)
- Tuesday – 4 mi run (AM) + Body Pump (lunch)
- Wednesday – 60′ bike ride (AM) + 2500m swim team (PM). For the swim, after 800m of warm ups & drills, 500m of build a couple hundred easy here and there, we did a progressively faster set: 300m negative split, 2 x 200m and 3 x 100m, then cool down. My coach told me “I had you and ironman training in mind when I thought of this set”. Thanks coach…
- Thursday – 4 mi run (AM) + Body Pump
- Friday – 6 mi run (AM) + 3000m Long Swim (PM) – I love swimming in the sunny afternoon, it was great! I showed up, unsure what my coach meant by “long” swim and we did 3,000m together – I felt the burn! The workout was: 400m w/u, 300 kick, 8x100m build, then a 1500m broken (3×500 with 10 seconds rest in between). It’s my farthest swim distance in practice yet! Pretty excited for such distance in swimming this week.
- Saturday – 60 miles with Houston’s “Saturday Ride” (AM). I always enjoy this group, they’re super nice and very speedy. The last 10 miles were killer.
- Sunday – OFF
Eats I’m loving lately? Polenta pizza from Clean Start by Terri Walters; I’ve mentioned her recipes before because they’re so good. I love this crust and have made it a couple times in the past two weeks – no need to worry about rising dough or kneading, and I can add lots of dried herbs to boost the flavor. Plus, I can put just about any veggie from my CSA on top and David still enjoys it (example: he’s not an eggplant fan, but sure doesn’t mind it on pizza!).
My other new summer obsession is fresh herbs – yum!! I’m loving basil and the new-to-me herb tarragon, both pictured below with fennel. I used them to make a vegan Caesar kale salad with goji berries & fennel from Live Beaming – pretty tasty and full of nutrients!
And lastly a shot of the very colorful CSA batches from the last two weeks. The weird squash below is flying saucer squash – odd but very tasty!