Last year I grouped my goals into categories.
- Plant at least 2 herbs. Done – My garden of three has grown to about 6 that haven’t die yet. Unfortunately I did manage to kill the orchid David got me.
- Cook once per week. Done – Okay, so I averaged once per week, and that was only because I got into cooking a whole lot in the last few months of 2010. There were a couple months in the spring when I lived of MyFitFood packaged meals to try to loose a few pounds. Thinking about the enormous amounts of protein I ate on their program kind of disgusts me now. I really like cooking my own meals and knowing what goes into my food instead.
- Sew an article of clothing. Fail – I decided not to buy a sewing machine because I didn’t think I had enough time for this hobby yet, and I still think it’s a good decision. I hope to get into it at a later date.
- Take 2 art classes. Done – I ended up with 2.5 paintings, and the 2 finished ones are hanging in around the apartment.
- Recycle. Done – David and I got this awesome bin from Ikea and it makes things easy.
- Yoga wheel pose with leg up. Done – but I already could do this kind of.
- Pigeon pose. Fail – I didn’t dedicate as much time to hatha-style yoga as I thought I would. I got into Bikram and Vinyasa Flow and enjoyed them much better. I decided my muscles were too cold and did not stretch as well when my body wasn’t warm, so trying to achieve pigeon was difficult. I still do the pose often since it’s a great runners/cyclist pose. I really love “Hip Opening Flow Yoga” at www.yogadownload.com. It is sooo worth the $1.99, and I use it after almost all my long runs. So all in all, I think the way I’m approaching yoga and blending it in with my cardio workouts is better now than it was.
- Read at least 6 books. Done – I can’t recap all the books I read, but there were a lot related to food, the Dragon Tattoo series, and a few other New York Times best seller types.
- Learn stocks. Fail – I’m not interested or passionate about this, so I didn’t do it. I won’t re-list it for 2011!
- Travel to at least one new country. Done – I got to meet Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay in 2010.